Kids

teezytko

Hello all. I am a long time fan, and have seen Moz 12 times now. This next show will be different however, as I am bringing my daughter! She is 7, and can belt out a good rendition of Everyday Like Sunday when in the shower. Has anyone else brought their kids to a show? If so, how was the experience?
Thanks!

Hello all. I am a long time fan, and have seen Moz 12 times now. This next show will be different however, as I am bringing my daughter! She is 7, and can belt out a good rendition of Everyday Like Sunday when in the shower. Has anyone else brought their kids to a show? If so, how was the experience?
Thanks!

Yes, my 10 year old son. http://www.morrissey-solo.com/entries/1645-Morrissey-in-San-Jose.

Have seats as it will be a little late for them. Have earplugs or muffs for their comfort, it's loud for a kid. Be prepared, either prior or after, to have a discussion and put in context of the animal cruelty video montage that plays during meat is murder, it is very graphic. And have a bit of candy or treat your kid likes for the middle of the show.

Have fun.

I would love to take my seven year old son to the May 17th show, but I'm afraid it would all be a little overwhelming for him. And the montage during "Meat is Murder" would scar him for life. However, I'm not a big fan of that song, so it might just be a good time to take a bathroom and/or snack break.

Thanks for the heads up on the Meat is Murder point. And thanks No1uno for the ear plugs idea...would not have thought of that!

Thanks for the heads up on the Meat is Murder point. And thanks No1uno for the ear plugs idea...would not have thought of that!

I wouldn't miss out on that song IF i decided to bring a child. I think it's one of Morrissey's highlights of his show when the big drum starts kicking in and the lights start flickering. It's very awesome and feel like a kid would enjoy that.

Hello 'teezytko'

It's an ethical decision as a parent whether or not you consider it appropriate to expose a 7 year old to graphic images of torture and slaughter of living beings. Do you live on a farm? We saw all this as a child on holidays in rural Ireland, but that was a different context.

If you take your child, have you considered that they may turn up at the breakfast table the next morning and announce they are now veggie/vegan? Is your family household already veggie/vegan? If not, are you prepared to accommodate your child if they begin that dietary exploration in relation/reaction to the concert footage.

Do check that your local venue allows 7 years olds in. Some venues here in Birmingham, England have a minimum age of 14 and others vary age-appropriate terms and conditions show-by-show.

best wishes
Sharon.

Welcome teezy. Wow a 7 year old who sings Morrissey in the shower. None of the kids at my school wouldn't even know who he is, never mind sing one of his songs. Wonderful :)

Kids at Moz shows- your thoughts?

Several people have commented that they brought their kids usually around 13 year old to a Moz show. I saw one girl at San Jose in the pit area with her mom- she looked about 10 and was crying after the show was abruptly ended because of the unruly stage invaders.

What's your thought on bringing "kids" to a show? Someone posted on the Nashville thhread there were several kids and wondered how they handled the Farm to Fresh Video.

As long as they don't get trampled in the pit I think I'm all for it.

Re: Kids at Moz shows- your thoughts?

I brought my son, then 10, to a Moz show last year. It was a seated show and we had second row, which kept him more engaged. He didn't listen to Moz much before the show but did afterwards! He loved it especially the stage invasions! Someone was thrown in his general direction and he found it mist exciting. He was disturbed by the mim video, but you're supposed to be! I talked to him abput it before hand. I also went over what to expect from an M concert in general. I will probably take him to one on this tour too. He's begging:)

Re: Kids at Moz shows- your thoughts?

Ok, call me a heartless mother if you like, but when it's Morrissey's show I want to go there on my own and enjoy my own personal time... Kids always have me after all, so I'll leave them - and sense of guilt as well- at home :)

Back
Top Bottom