Santa Ana possibly canceled?

Re: Santa Ana possibly canceled???

Ah, come on Morrissey. Why can't you play fair? You've done festivals with other bands and people not aiming to see you. How is this any different?

i thought the same thing. it's no different. only thing i can think is the food issue. maybe they have meats on they're riders and menus. or moz just going diva again.

Morrissey allegedly refuses to perform tonight unless venue cancels other show - Consequence of Sound

Excerpt:

Moz is due to play The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA this evening. Inside the venue is a second music space, dubbed The Constellation Room, where We Are Scientists and PAWS are scheduled to perform. According to PAWS’ Facebook page, Morrissey is attempting to have their show canceled, “because he is playing in another room in the same venue and wishes for their to be no other artists performing in his vicinity.”

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never been a Morrissey fan, and after this douchebag move, I definitely never will be...

their fb post got deleted now.

Ah, come on Morrissey. Why can't you play fair? You've done festivals with other bands and people not aiming to see you. How is this any different?

I totally agree with Morrissey! We paid a lot of money to see his show tonight and I don’t want to hear another band playing at the same time! I was there a few weeks ago when “Crosses” was playing and it was very distracting to hear the other band in the “Constellation” room. It’s ghetto and annoying to hear one band play while you are trying to listen to another. This isn’t Morrissey’s fault, this is the fault of the venue booking 2 bands to play simultaneously. They do not provide enough sound proofing to eliminate the noise spilling from the smaller room to the larger venue.

their fb post got deleted now.

new status from this band: "The show must and will go on. Tonight we play The Constellation Room in Santa Ana, California. We'll explain everything later..."

He's sound checking I Am Blind as I type so I'm calling bullshit on this one.

This is bullshit. The second band has been scheduled for a while now. A tour manager would have nixed it a long time ago.

There will be no Mexican standoff today, kids.

Here's an idea..Morrissey is done at 10:30..just gave them start after that.

If this is true, I have no idea what Morrissey did wrong here. His decision seems sensible. PAWS seem rather spoiled and melodramatic.

@wearescientists: "SANTA ANA! So everyone can play a full set, tonight's show will start after Moz's bedtime: 9 doors 10 @wehavepaws 11 us #everybodywins"

From Chris from We Are Scientists: "Happy to confirm that PAWS’ are back on. When it became apparent that Morrissey’s set was going to overlap with the WAS/PAWS bill, everybody really did agree that couldn’t work — even though the two venues are separated by a reasonably thick wall, Moz fans wouldn’t have been able to hear a lick of what they’d paid to see. Both bands on our bill play at nuclear volume, triumphant volume, and it goes right through walls. Putting on the two shows simultaneously would be like screening a mumblecore film and a Michael Bay movie in theaters divided by a cotton bed sheet. So we’ve moved the WAS/PAWS show a little later, which will probably come as a nice surprise to our fans, many of whom have had to set their alarms especially early this afternoon in order to make the show."

All sounds very sensible and very wise. Where the drama has stemmed from, who knows?!

I can kind of see both on sides on this one. When I first heard this news I just cringed. Not only are we doing yet another cancellation and only the second night in the news Morrissey's reasoning seemed…really unreasonable.

However, if it is as people said and that you can hear the second band playing at the same time than that's just really disrespectful to both audiences. Not that last minute cancellations scream respect either.

It's worth pointing out that somebody posted a video of last night's stage invasion with the title "Morrissey Attacked On Stage 2014 Tour Cancelled?" so there seems to be a lot of people who want to start shit about cancellations.

It's gotta be all bullshit. Paws looking for extra publicity, most likely. There's no way Morrissey's camp would have asked another band to cancel when it didnt affect his show. Sounds like the support band was looking for a little attention even though they were already slated to play later in the evening. Or they didnt understand the concept of staggered set times. Either way, that seems pretty unfair of them to put this on Moz.

From Chris from We Are Scientists: "Happy to confirm that PAWS’ are back on. When it became apparent that Morrissey’s set was going to overlap with the WAS/PAWS bill, everybody really did agree that couldn’t work — even though the two venues are separated by a reasonably thick wall, Moz fans wouldn’t have been able to hear a lick of what they’d paid to see. Both bands on our bill play at nuclear volume, triumphant volume, and it goes right through walls. Putting on the two shows simultaneously would be like screening a mumblecore film and a Michael Bay movie in theaters divided by a cotton bed sheet. So we’ve moved the WAS/PAWS show a little later, which will probably come as a nice surprise to our fans, many of whom have had to set their alarms especially early this afternoon in order to make the show."

All sounds very sensible and very wise. Where the drama has stemmed from, who knows?!

Well this makes PAWS look pretty silly.

Well this makes PAWS look pretty silly.

Indeed, and they were fast name calling Moz, but not so fast explaining. It will come Later it seems.

WAS did handle things well and this seems like a reasonable solution. I would hate to pay good money for a show and then have it ruined by the noise coming from the band next door.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom