2014 Setlist

Harsh Truth

Ever Felt Had?
Predictions? Requests?

Obviously he'll be doing 6-8 new songs each night. I just hope we see some fresh additions from the back catalog and not the same old songs he's been doing 2011-2013. In particular, I feel Ouija Board, To Give (The Reason I Live), Far Off Places, Paris, and One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell need permanent retirement.

As for requests, I'd love to hear Now My Heart is Full, Sunny, and anything from Your Arsenal. Unfortunately, history shows that the "gems" he dusts off are more often Smiths numbers as opposed to early/mid solo numbers.

I will NEVER EVER tire of these three songs: Speedway, Sister I'm a Poet, and Maladjusted. For me, these are absolute quintessential Morrissey songs and he can trot them out until he is 85 years old if he'd like.

Last edited:
That setlist he had planned for the South American shows last year was fantastic. Hand In Glove, Girl Least Likely To, Yes I Am Blind....I'm hoping these songs make the cut this summer.

And I agree: moratorium on Ouija, Far Off Places, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, and also You're the One For Me, Fatty.

That setlist he had planned for the South American shows last year was fantastic. Hand In Glove, Girl Least Likely To, Yes I Am Blind....I'm hoping these songs make the cut this summer.

And I agree: moratorium on Ouija, Far Off Places, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, and also You're the One For Me, Fatty.

Same. Hope it doesn't include any YOR or Ringleaders songs, but he most probably will as he seems to think it's genius rather than Your Arsenal. But most importantly I hope he plays many of his new songs from his new album as we need to know if it's worth buying or putting our fingers in our ears. I also bet he'll drop the "Action Is My Middle Name" stuff now. Hopefully the musicality of the YOR era has come to an end. Masculine rock isn't Morrissey's strong point. He isn't a Doll.

Last edited by a moderator:
That setlist he had planned for the South American shows last year was fantastic. Hand In Glove, Girl Least Likely To, Yes I Am Blind...

Where did this info come from? Is there a printed set list somewhere I can be linked to at all?

so much this ^ hand in glove and the bona drag era songs would just be mind-blowing to hear. and yes less of the setlist fillers that he wheels out every tour. his extensive back catalog 'solo' tunes would be enough for me

Wow, he planned on doing Asleep in full eh?

at the time some people said there was a piano in the rehearsal room over in chile and the plan was for morrissey to both play and sing 'asleep' :o

also i still watch your videos on youtube of the australian shows. superb footage, thank-you for sharing :thumb:

heres some songs other than the new ones i'm hoping he plays:

why dont you find out for yourself
late night, maudlin street
something is squeezing my skull
now my heart is full
we'll let you know
interesting drug
i know its gonna happen someday

Really hope he keeps Yes, I am blind. Can Tobias pull it off?

I hope he changes the setlist dramatically. It's become too predictable and heavy.

As well as Yes, I am blind, I'd love to hear:

Ammunition
Lost
We'll let you know
Lucky Lisp
Come back to Camden
I'm OK by myself
The father who must be killed
Pretty girls make graves

Plus any new offerings

Really hope he keeps Yes, I am blind. Can Tobias pull it off?

I hope he changes the setlist dramatically. It's become too predictable and heavy.

Ammunition
Lost
We'll let you know
Lucky Lisp
Come back to Camden
I'm OK by myself
The father who must be killed
Pretty girls make graves

Plus any new offerings
Well, I'm sure Tobias is more than able to pull it off but surely only in the privacy of Morrisseys dressing room.

I would love to hear "Such a little thing." Always been my fav by the Moz!

at the time some people said there was a piano in the rehearsal room over in chile and the plan was for morrissey to both play and sing 'asleep' :o

also i still watch your videos on youtube of the australian shows. superb footage, thank-you for sharing :thumb:

That would be amazing.

And you're welcome.

I met my now-fiance from those videos (we met via YouTube) and we're now expecting our first baby in August. Those are special videos for more than just Moz being in them....

Ammunition

Definitely this. My favorite Morrissey song and has never been played live!

Boz once told me that they came close to playing it live but it didn't end up happening.

Last edited:
Definitely this. My favorite Morrissey song and has never been played live!

Boz once told me that they came close to playing it live but it didn't end up happening.

It actually has been played live once or twice, in 1991. Here is the best known version:

Would be great to hear it done again though!

It actually has been played live once or twice, in 1991. Here is the best known version:

Would be great to hear it done again though!

Sorry, I was talking about "Ammunition".

Ouch ! I hope he does a better version than the one playing above ^^^^^^^^ . Could be the recording in poor quality ?

Whoops. My mistake. I should have read your post more clearly, Ryan.

As for the version of Yes I am Blind from 1991 not being that great.... back at this time, his live band was young and very raw, more accustomed to playing amped up punk and rockabilly. This approach actually translated quite well, in my opinion, to many of the songs (Interesting Drug, Playboys, November, Sister I'm a Poet, Alsatian Cousin, That's Entertainment, Trash, etc.). The slower songs, however, often had a very similar feel to them, with a twangy, surfy, distorted guitar bed being about the best they could do.

The current 2014 band could probably do good job with this song.

Last edited:
Suedehead hasn't made an appearance in awhile......Hopefully The Moz will have some surprises in store for me at Atlantic City.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as for the band sounding great......I went back and watched/listened to 2004's "Who Put The M in Manchester" show on Mozzer's Birthday and I think that for sure the band sounded at their absolute best I've heard them ina long time. That lineup was awesome as well!

Suedehead hasn't made an appearance in awhile......Hopefully The Moz will have some surprises in store for me at Atlantic City.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as for the band sounding great......I went back and watched/listened to 2004's "Who Put The M in Manchester" show on Mozzer's Birthday and I think that for sure the band sounded at their absolute best I've heard them ina long time. That lineup was awesome as well!

I always thought those performances were pretty flat. I blame a lot of that on Deano. The guy was Morrissey's worst drummer by far, completely flat and uninspiring sound he produced. Spencer had the technique and Walker has the ferocity and power, Deano just bored me to tears.

I want -

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
Girl Afraid
Boxers
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Interesting Drug
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

and two that he'll never ever do, Heaven Knows and William.

I want -

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
Girl Afraid
Boxers
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Interesting Drug
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

and two that he'll never ever do, Heaven Knows and William.

He's done William solo. But not Heaven Knows. I suppose he hates it because it's so stereotypical.

He's done William solo. But not Heaven Knows. I suppose he hates it because it's so stereotypical.

Oh yeah. That slipped my memory. What Difference is the other one that he would never do again, isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom