Sociology of Moz Fans - Interviews needed

Arlene Cornejo

Hi everyone,

I am conducting research at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. I am focusing on Morrissey fans and need to conduct interviews on everything from how you became a fan, Latino fans/Morrissey, why be a fan, preparing for his tours, meeting other fans, etc. Each interview should last about a hour and can be conducted via Skype, phone call, or in person if you are located in the Austin area. I would love to hear your stories, as well as see any pictures or memorabilia you have collected.

If you are interested, you can e-mail me at [email protected]. From there I will e-mail a consent form approved by the Texas State University IRB board and we can arrange the interview.

Thank-you for your time!

Arlene C.

Re: Sociology of Moz Fans - Interviews needed!

Hi Arlene,

You must be a fan to take on an undertaking like this. Would you share the answers you made for the interview/questionnaire so we can get to know you better? It would be interesting to know how you became a fan and what brought you to here.

Hi No1uno,

Yes! I am a fan! I am actually a health education doctoral student, but with a passion for sociology and all things Morrissey! I have been researching other studies on Morrissey for about a year - I read Fandoms, Reps, and Identities, St. Morrissey, and viewed a lot of other videos and similar articles.

There are a few questions I have, and most are pretty standard: when and how did you first get into the smiths/morrissey, have you been to concerts, do you have other friends who are into Morrissey, etc., but overall it is a semi-structured interview. This means those who want to participate can really talk about whatever they want - rants or thoughts, feelings, etc. The interviews I have conducted thus far range from "lay-fans" (those who own a few records, maybe been to a show) to "super-fans" - so any level of interest in the smiths/morrissey is welcomed!

Thanks for your interest!

Hi Arlene, nice of you to join us :)
and well, if you go back in this sub-forum, there was similar request made by another person, cannot remember their username :confused:
maybe someone else will :guitar: but a lot of that type of info was posted in his thread, you should look for it :thumb:

Hey Robby!

Thanks for the suggestion (and sorry for the late response!). I saw a lot of great comments made by other fans - I just really hope I get a few people interested in doing full length interviews! People who just want to talk about anything moz related - the anxiety about purchasing tickets, the first time they heard moz, who introduced them, etc. Hoping for a few story tellers :)

Arlene - I have been a fan since around 1986. My love of Morrissey and The Smiths influenced me to the point that my recent senior capstone project (bachelor's degree/English) concerned Oscar Wilde/Walter Pater, and aestheticism in relation to Plato's philosophies, including paiderastia. My graduate school thesis will most likely concern Wilde in relation to gender identity, and his presence within queer theory. There's a long, long story about me and my experiences being a fan, over the years. Please let me know if I can be of any help, as an interview.

Back
Top Bottom