Boz Boorer "In Words and Songs" - Limerick (Oct. 11, 2013)

From Annette:

The Department of Sociology at the University of Limerick and the new Festive Arts MA at The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance proudly present Boz Boorer in The Tower Theatre at 1pm and Dolan’s Warehouse at 11pm on Friday Oct 11th. Admission is free to both events.

This event is being held in Limerick, the first part in The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance in UL where Dr. Eoin Devereux will interview Boz about his life, interspersed with live solo performance of some of Boz’s most recognisable and influential work. The interview will focus on his career as a musician, songwriter, performer and producer. Eoin’s vast knowledge of the artist’s career will make for an interesting lunchtime concert and conversation in the Tower Theatre.

The second part of the event is in the city at Dolan’s Warehouse on the Dock Road. This live music venue is home to the best of Irish and international touring artists. It also hosts Limerick’s best Indie and dance club nights. Boz will present his DJ Set set here at 11pm on the night of October 11th, illustrating another aspect of his career. This is an exciting collaboration between the University of Limerick and Dolans.

boz_boorer_poster.jpg

Re: Article: Boz Boorer "In Words and Songs" - Limerick (Oct. 11, 2013)

I would love to be at this event! My location prevents it since I am in American (it's not the world but it's close). A little tib bit...Boz has a book in the works. Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. Boz is the most amazing story teller in the world.

I'd rather read Boz's memoir than Moz's.

Boz boorer is a real gem.

in Rock-a-billyworld as member [influential with Tim] as Polecat

as for songwriter for Morrissey Boz wrote great songs, but

Boz, Jesse and Alain on a row, my choice goes to;

mr Whyte

Enjoy the event

' and they say he's mentall'...countdown for 25

Boz is a true professional, generous with his time and a very funny individual. I had the privalege of working with him on an album some time back. http://iambead.bandcamp.com

This is a great idea, well done to everyone in Limerick for organising. Best of luck with the event.

Interestingly, there's a Limerick somewhere about someone's loss of virginity. It has nothing to do with Boz Bore, thankfully. So noone's interested. Yet it's very very true. What- else-could I do? To interest, you?

Boz is a true professional, generous with his time and a very funny individual. I had the privalege of working with him on an album some time back. http://iambead.bandcamp.com

This is a great idea, well done to everyone in Limerick for organising. Best of luck with the event.

Spot on.
Both Boz and his wife have been the most generous people when it come to time I have met.
Lyn Boorer needs credit for her sterling work re:justice for Kirsty...which remains an awful travesty of justice.
Boz, whether you like his involvement with Moz or not, is a decent person and is happy to sign anything or talk about Moz - even at Polecats gigs.
I've bumped in to him many, many times and never once regretted doing so.
Regards,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom