Does one need to be fan to be on Solo?

Peterb

I first came to this site because I liked his albums.
However as time moves on with no new material and Moz slowly but surley
morphing into Count Arthur Strong I'm not sure there's anything to admire any more apart from the (way) back catalogue.
All we have are rambling interviews, a very average band and disappointed concert goers.
However I enjoy this site and believe we have a great crop of posters who keep the forums
alive, funny and interesting.
Morrissey is just a bit of background.
Does this ring any bells with others?

morphing into Count Arthur Strong I'm not sure there's anything to admire any more apart from the (way) back catalogue.
All we have are rambling interviews, a very average band and disappointed concert goers.
However I enjoy this site and believe we have a great crop of posters who keep the forums

There's more to Solo than Morrissey, you know. ;)

I think the general consensus among "fans" is if you find no value in what Morrissey is doing or saying at this point in his career you're a troll and your comments should be censored...

Huh? where are the disappointed concert-goers you speak of? I've never seen anyone booing or walking out complaining?

Huh? where are the disappointed concert-goers you speak of? I've never seen anyone booing or walking out complaining?
What I was referring to GirlVeryAfraid is the many posters here who have complained about the band and in particular Jesse. Also, from what I have seen on Youtube.
If you like the current line up then fine, but to many they are pretty pedestrian and ploddy.
Moz should be singing with some of the best musicians in world.

The argument that Morrissey is "background" on a forum dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding him in an attempt to rationalize talking shit about him is completely stupid. Also I would say the snarky 4th-grade comments you find "funny and interesting" in the forum are the epitome of pedestrian and ploddy and serve no purpose than the glorification of the nitwits in their quest to PRETEND to be troll masters. "Yuk, yuk, yuk." Stupid. They wouldn't last a day on FYAD.

So Low isn't really for fans anymore, it's largely populated by people who liked Morrissey once, many years ago, and now think he's a fat old has-been. So you'll fit in perfectly here. :D

So Low isn't really for fans anymore, it's largely populated by people who liked Morrissey once, many years ago, and now think he's a fat old has-been. So you'll fit in perfectly here. :D

That isn't necessarily true. There are a few of us here who still care very much for Morrissey. SO...stop categorizing his fans and this website.

OK, how about a long answer?
sure, without naming names :rolleyes: there use to be a group of "people" who rather than merely being displeased with some of Moz's music &/or behavior, I include myself in this category :o
there were others that seemed obsessed with tearing him down :eek: and that appeared to many to be the primary reason they came here :cool:
so, no, given the past history of this site, one need not be an actual fan of his(Moz) to come here a whole lot and for a very long time
then again, things have changed since you asked me to clarify my position 3 months ago :p:lbf:

The argument that Morrissey is "background" on a forum dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding him in an attempt to rationalize talking shit about him is completely stupid. Also I would say the snarky 4th-grade comments you find "funny and interesting" in the forum are the epitome of pedestrian and ploddy and serve no purpose than the glorification of the nitwits in their quest to PRETEND to be troll masters. "Yuk, yuk, yuk." Stupid. They wouldn't last a day on FYAD.
Hi Crystal, if you look through the subject matter of the threads, it seems clear that Moz is not the subject of a lot of conversations here. Also, as many posters here are pretty disenchanted with the late version Morrissey, they are clearly not 'fans' but do enjoy this site. So do you not think to say that the argument is stupid is a little unfair?
And I'm not sure what comments you are referring to as I certainly did not cite any. Although I do know where you are coming from as some of the posters I was referring have long running disputes with you.
Finally, surely not lasting a day on FYAD, is a positive.

Great thread by the thread starter and very important too. I think I speak for many that once loved Morrissey and were even obsessed but could not care less now. The book signing today hit that home because I just felt that the occasion in itself was sad and pathetic and just shows what an industry without a heart it all is. I haven't even heard the latest records from the man and there are literally dozens of songs I haven't heard a single tune from or any lyrics and I cannot even name the song titles.

The reason some people like me still visit this place is out of habit but also like a throwback in time cause it actually feels weird this website is still up and running, not at least due to the fact what Moz did to David years ago. I can only assume it is his pride that makes him keep this website running. There are off topic discussions here and loads and loads of discussions that do not involve Moz in the slightest.

I was part of the early solo days and the hardcore Moz fans that back then was made up of mostly white english and northern european fans. Then came his move to USA and the influences changed and I felt he got tired and old and less interesting not only when it comes to his music but also in his interviews that were always as exciting as his music way back. To me this place is like this old matchmaking site I used several years ago where I found love but still kept visiting the place cause of the people I got to know there with whom I had great discussions about just anything.

Having been a fan of Moz of course means that stays with you forever and Moz like any other things that are commercial change with time as he gets older and changes his minds on this and that. It can be fascinating to discuss how he is now with reference to how he was back then and to me the americans were dead keen on making him their own which says more about the lack of real characters in music over there. To many americans Moz was a fresh change to the checkered shirt brigade with quite long hair and dirty clothes singing about their barn and farm that has dominated american music for far too long now.

We visit this place to see how it changes and what type of people get drawn into Moz's world these days and not all current fans of him like his latest material as the common opinion seems to be that he gets worse for every release.

If I trust my Sources, you don't actually need to be in an autobiography to post on Solo. :D

Probably a hoax.

hmm i think its possible and logical to come here to talk to people that you like and have things in common with even if you arent a fan of the current output of morrissey. i do think that morrissey fans have things in common. problem is when people come here only to complain and voice there opinion that they arent a fan. if thats the only goal then i think thats not welcome and what moderators are for. i love having discussions with dissenters but sometimes it seems the dissenters dont want to have discussions but rather just want to state there one line opinion over and over and over and take things very personalyl when asked why they spend there time this way talking to no one. i mean why do people want to come and say that they dont like something when they could be somewhere spending there time talking about what they do like with people that agree? seems like an odd choice unless you want to have a serious conversation about music which i dont think many people do.

Simple question complex answer

I have been an "official"member of our site for 6days {although i have been regular"reader " for many years.]
now,i am in a position to ask a question to my fellow members that i cannot fathom........
Why do people take the time and effort to log into,and view a site devoted to a person who has given us all so much,in so many different ways,to attack,and write unfair,caustic comments,knowing full well they will offend all.
Maybe they were bullied at school or had theirdinner money taken from them when they were young.
It just makes no sense to me !!!!
Please accept my sincere apologies if i sound a trifle melodramatic,but i feel it is an important and valid question that must be asked.
Many thanks for taking the time to read my rant.
Best wishes,
keith from liverpool.

Re: Simple question complex answer

It's a mystery to us all. It's funny that whenever Morrissey does a concert or says something they go into overdrive. If he does a concert, they'll all proclaim it a disaster despite not going, if he releases a record it will be crap, if he says something it will be wrong. Despite Morrissey not really changing one dot for the last 30 years they'll claim they're just being critical because he's changed.

Are there any "celebrities" other people don't like? I find Celine Dion especially creepy. If I see her on a webpage I'll shut it down quickly. I don't understand the mentality of spending so much of your life talking about somebody that blatantly annoys the Hell out of you.

And for saying that I am obviously a "yes man" that is incapable of rational thought.

Back
Top Bottom