"Like" feature

Harsh Truth

Ever Felt Had?
I was just wondering if there was a way to add a Facebook-esque "Like" feature to the forums. Because sometimes you read a post and like it, but don't feel like bothering to hit reply and saying so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. It has been considered in the past and I would like to include it but there is no built in functionality in this version of vBulletin. In the next version that was recently released there is a like button but due to many issues with the version it won't be considered for the site for at least another year.

There is a third party plugin that offers similar functionality which I have considered and will look into some more. I try to avoid adding anything third party as it increases maintenance during upgrades and the data may be lost if there is a major incompatible upgrade or the plugin is no longer supported by the creator.

I was just wondering if there was a way to add a Facebook-esque "Like" feature to the forums. Because sometimes you read a post and like it, but don't feel like bothering to hit reply and saying so.

Re:

Abuse can be considered giving positive reputation to friends, etc.

I could re-enable the feature but remove the option of giving negative reputation.

You essentially classify 'abuse' as being given negative reputation...which begs the question, why offer the option of giving negative reputation if it was something you were just going to push to disable the feature over?

Back
Top Bottom