How Morrissey fans made me stop being a Morrissey fan!

Before all the american and mexican Morrissey fans ruined the fun and turned Morrissey into a mellow moron his music world was fascinating from the music to the fans. His fans were hardcore and very real people that never had to make a song and dance about being his fan. They knew the background and they knew about Morrissey and his views on life and people.

Then he moved to USA and it all changed almost overnight it seems. Kids that considered themselves to be middle class and a bit better than they were kidnapped his music and his persona and turned it into a circus where even the animals had to escape as they felt it was just too much. The spanish speaking kids needed something else than latino dances and wifebeater shirts so they combed their hair in a, for them, very unorthodox way and bought into the whole rockabilly style. American kids that missed out on prom night and stayed unkissed until the age of 30 something suddenly found their Messiah and instantly turned Morrissey into some sort of american icon that was against nothing or no none and without knowing it they had removed Morrissey's nuts and turned him into something he never was.

This made me lose interest and now I not only hate those so called fans of his but the man himself as well and I now only wait and hope that he will disappear as a musician and a voice for a quite useless generation that jumped on the bandwagon like the glory hunting freaks they are. His illness amused me and still does as he seems unable to manage to be the hard working artist he always claimed to be.

His fans are quasi-intellectual kids that never grew up who believe they are better and they are all marxist and political correct and share the same problem, that they are afraid of life and other people that are not like them. They are the bully kings cause at school they were never seen nor noticed and this is their pathetic revenge.

In life only one thing is certain and that is that all the fun you experience will be spoilt by people you'd much rather see dead and buried for all time.

Urban. You're a tool looking for attention. Give yourself a round of applause for getting an answer of sorts. Go to bed. Sleep.

Urban. You're a tool looking for attention. Give yourself a round of applause for getting an answer of sorts. Go to bed. Sleep.

Keith Urban? I knew Hootie was a fan, but Keith 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey fans are very possessive of him which kinda makes the gigs tense. It's more about them touching him and being near him then listening to the music and it gets very distracting. This isn't Morrissey's fault, it's just a huge monster of a mood at the gigs, it's hard to describe. Unless you're sitting up in the balcony with the older people, I prefer Moz gigs away from the moz hoarders on the barrier. Other gigs don't feel that way. Maybe it's religious passion or something.

Morrissey fans are very possessive of him which kinda makes the gigs tense. It's more about them touching him and being near him then listening to the music and it gets very distracting. This isn't Morrissey's fault, it's just a huge monster of a mood at the gigs, it's hard to describe. Unless you're sitting up in the balcony with the older people, I prefer Moz gigs away from the moz hoarders on the barrier. Other gigs don't feel that way. Maybe it's religious passion or something.

Or maybe it's because a lot of them are insane & have nothing else of value in life...

Or maybe it's because a lot of them are insane & have nothing else of value in life...

Some people collect albums and bootlegs, other people collect concerts. Both are insane. :cool:

Some people collect albums and bootlegs, other people collect concerts. Both are insane. :cool:

There is a big difference between having some albums you like to listen to & having a psychotic need and devotion for a stranger.

There is a big difference between having some albums you like to listen to & having a psychotic need and devotion for a stranger.

No not really. Some people buy two copies of every album. One to listen to and one to morbidly collect so that when Morrissey dies it'll be unopened and worth more.

Is this just listening to music? Or a psychotic devotion to Hatful of Hollow cassette tapes? :straightface: This is the same as the obsession to get a handshake.

Hatful.jpg

I'm not sure any of it is necessarily psychotic. Those of us who visit this site pretty much everyday, including me, would probably concede that Morrissey has got under their skin to some extent. Whether attending gigs or collecting records, however obsessive, if it's not harming anyone else then it's basically a hobby so live and let live

No not really. Some people buy two copies of every album. One to listen to and one to morbidly collect so that when Morrissey dies it'll be unopened and worth more.

Who does that?

Is this just listening to music? Or a psychotic devotion to Hatful of Hollow cassette tapes? :straightface: This is the same as the obsession to get a handshake.

Hatful.jpg

I think collecting that many versions of the same thing is insane, but still not as insane as stalking the man and wanting to touch him.

Peter!

Do you still believe Urban visits Solo?
Me and a few others on here knows he does not as we chat with him on an almost daily basis in a chatroom. I don't know if you allow posting links to other websites and chatrooms but if you don't then just delete that part in this post. He chats here:

http://chatroll.com/embed/chat/morrisseysworld-chat?name=morrisseysworld-chat

Urban is aware that his name is sometimes mentioned here and even used by some and that he has been accused of posting on the forum. When I asked him about this then he said that it would not surprise him if people use proxy services where they use a swedish ip. People do this on a daily basis when living abroad to watch their homeland tv stations online.
He does not believe it is another swede posting as him but would like for you to stop accusing him of posting here. He also told me he would like to chat with you or any other moderator on here in the chatroom that I mentioned above. He is there as "Urbanus".

I think collecting that many versions of the same thing is insane, but still not as insane as stalking the man and wanting to touch him.

Would you say that hanging out on a website devoted to him for years even though you don't even like him is along the same lines of insane as wanting to touch him?

Would you say that hanging out on a website devoted to him for years even though you don't even like him is along the same lines of insane as wanting to touch him?

I would say that is insane...

Luckily for me, I don't hate him.

Back
Top Bottom