Don't know if I'm allowed to make my own but here goes...where is everyone from?

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
Its simple really...I'm just curious as to where everyone is from.

I'll start off:

I'm from a little town called Southend-On-Sea on the south coast of England.
My claim to fame is that Morrissey used our town for the "Everyday Is Like Sunday" video. When I watch it back I feel a little connection with our man for thinking of us :)

So yes I am from: "The coastal town they forgot to close down" :p

I grew-up in Akron, Ohio... same city that birthed Crissie Hynde from The Pretenders. She actually went to the same high school as me but quite a few years earlier. Then I spent my teen and early adult years in the Tampa Bay, Florida area. Now I live in Sedona, Arizona--home of the famous red rock formations. Our major industry here is tourism.

I grew-up in Akron, Ohio... same city that birthed Crissie Hynde from The Pretenders. She actually went to the same high school as me but quite a few years earlier. Then I spent my teen and early adult years in the Tampa Bay, Florida area. Now I live in Sedona, Arizona--home of the famous red rock formations. Our major industry here is tourism.

I love The Pretenders! Jealous!
Do you know the British actor Helen Mirren? She went to my school but many, many years before me.

I'm originally from Syria, but I've spent all of my life living in England. My early years were spent growing up in Brighton, and the rest of my life has been in south London. Pretty boring, really... :(

CanaDUH ;)

I heard "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" when I was 12, and my mind was blown. And yes, I still love that song to this day. "Vauxhall and I" is a brilliant piece of work.

I was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Then moved to California when I was 5 so I feel like a California native, my mom and dad's parents both lived here in the San Gabriel Valley so it feels like home, they just happened to have me in Pennsylvania. I was a happy accident. Greater Los Angeles most my life and about 20 years in two different stints on the central coast in the San Luis Obispo area. Nobody famous went to my high school. Gwen Stefani went to our rival high school. We all hung out at the same bowling alley and Taco Bell and whatnot, I never knew her, she was a tad older and I was a canyon kid. That's it for me and famous people pretty much. We did go see her little band No Doubt play on the roof of a Nike store in Newport Beach. :p Then they got all famous soon after.

I was born in Dallas, TX and moved as an infant with my family to a bustling suburb of Washington, DC called Reston, Virginia. After I graduated high school I moved to New York, but eventually found my way to VA, and now I consider myself at home here in Richmond.

A girl with whom I used to skip class and smoke cigarettes in high school was wearing a Smiths shirt, which sparked my interest. After I exhausted The Singles I got into the albums and Morrissey's solo material. I think I bought the Rhino Best of and Viva Hate around the same time.

Last edited:
Its simple really...I'm just curious as to where everyone is from.

I'll start off:

I'm from a little town called Southend-On-Sea on the south coast of England.
My claim to fame is that Morrissey used our town for the "Everyday Is Like Sunday" video. When I watch it back I feel a little connection with our man for thinking of us :)

So yes I am from: "The coastal town they forgot to close down" :p

I love it. :D

I am from a city on the southern border called Mission, TX. We are a small city of about 80,000. Our most famous residents have been Dallas Cowboys football coach Tom Landry, William Jennings Bryan who was a presidential candidate, Lloyd Benson who was a vice presidential candidate, William Burroughs who wrote about his experiences living here to get cheap morphine, and a few other atheletes including a recent world series winning pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals. I've also lived in Italy and Virginia.

hello fellow moz fans..
i am from a small city near manchester called SALFORD.
I used to live 5mins walk from salford lads club.

Well I normally live in Oxford in the UK.
But at the moment I'm living in Goa India for four months.
Why?
Because it's 33-36 degrees everyday.
The food is great and the people are lovely.

Back
Top Bottom