Bruce Duff / A chance to shine fanzine

Stanley the 2nd

Whatever happened to Bruce Duff and his a chance to shine fanzine? Back in the days before the internet this was an essential fanzine. I used to enjoy browsing select-a-disc in Soho and coming across a new copy. I think I ended up having a subscription and then one day, like all good things, it came to an end.

Whatever happened to Bruce Duff and his a chance to shine fanzine? Back in the days before the internet this was an essential fanzine. I used to enjoy browsing select-a-disc in Soho and coming across a new copy. I think I ended up having a subscription and then one day, like all good things, it came to an end.

Those of us old enough will remember the pre Julia days when Morrissey used to acknowledge Bruce on stage. Then suddenly, nothing?

I met Bruce on a number of occasions over the years at Morrissey gigs and he was a really nice guy. Last I spoke to him was at Bradford I think on the Boxers tour and I think life and family commitments were starting to press home a bit. I could be wrong but this is how I remember it.

Back
Top Bottom