Very first post from a first generation Smiths fan

lazy sod

New-ish to L.A. The following is ALL true..... 1-After dusting off old records I found and discovered a fresh yet old love..... in form of the Smiths. 2-Starting to replace lost or otherwise gone albums. (+ totally new-to-me Morrissey ones) 3-Discovered for first time ever of a HUGE following of Smiths lovers (including here in LA among Latinos) 4-Went to first ever Smiths/Morrissey night at the Echo (recently went to another one at the Echoplex) (see profile pic)

.......yadda yadda yadda. I was a new Ro in High School and simultaneously a Rockabilly kid too. So now I find myself with a just bought ticket for the Smiths/Morrissey convention in May and awaiting my old jacket from HS in the mail from an aunt back home. I have never seen them or Moz live (unfair...yes?)

Funny what almost 25 years away from such words and music can do..... BTW my favorite tune is Ask. still. Now excuse me, I must catch up. look for me all over other threads. And please...... It would charm me to meet you so say hello

DIG

Last edited:
Re: Very first post from a first generation Smiths fan......

Hello!:) And it is unfair that you haven't seen moz live.

New-ish to L.A. The following is ALL true..... 1-After dusting off old records I found and discovered a fresh yet old love..... in form of the Smiths. 2-Starting to replace lost or otherwise gone albums. (+ totally new-to-me Morrissey ones) 3-Discovered for first time ever of a HUGE following of Smiths lovers (including here in LA among Latinos) 4-Went to first ever Smiths/Morrissey night at the Echo (recently went to another one at the Echoplex) (see profile pic)

.......yadda yadda yadda. I was a new Ro in High School and simultaneously a Rockabilly kid too. So now I find myself with a just bought ticket for the Smiths/Morrissey convention in May and awaiting my old jacket from HS in the mail from an aunt back home. I have never seen them or Moz live (unfair...yes?)

Funny what almost 25 years away from such words and music can do..... BTW my favorite tune is Ask. still. Now excuse me, I must catch up. look for me all over other threads. And please...... It would charm me to meet you so say hello

DIG

Hello there dear...welcome!

So the Smiths Indeed are playing down the road from me next week. (On a tuesday no less) Being the lazy sod I am is it worth staying out late on a work night for? They're from the U.K. ???

Back
Top Bottom