What instrument do you play, and how did you get started?

K

KenzieW

What instrument do you play, and how did you get started?

I play the guitar. I started out with the ukulele a year and four months ago. I really didn't want to play the ukulele, but I knew someone who thought I should try it, and they had an extra ukulele for me to use. I went to a few classes and I enjoyed playing the instrument, I just didn't like the way it sounded. I ended up borrowing somebody elses guitar and loved it. A month later I got my own guitar. Two months later I mentioned the smiths to my guitar teacher and she helped me learn how to play "Ask." Now here I am, eight months later, and I can play a few smiths songs, and I am still obsessed with music and love playing my guitar.

Violin and piano(started at the age of 7-violin and 10-piano).

Last edited:
Worlds worst Guitar player, all the fault of Joe Strummer... though not the being worlds worst thats my own doing.

Worlds worst Guitar player, all the fault of Joe Strummer... though not the being worlds worst thats my own doing.

I love the clash. I haven't tried playing any of their songs yet though because they sound really hard.

Labours of love Kenzie, the early stuffs all bar chords. and thrashing as i said Joes fault.

I play the clarinet. :o

I play guitar. I started after hearing my older brother playing the riff to 'Layla' (although I never heard him play the rest of the song...).

Guitar, since age 8 or so. I've always loved the sound(s) of a guitar. What especially intrigued me as a child were harmonics - the little, bell-like sounds you can hear the guitar make on songs like (going to date myself now!) Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" and "Roundabout" by Yes.

Further evidence of geekery: I played clarinet in the school band :o

I have been known to ham-fistedly bash away on my old joanna.

Started at about the age of twenty. The fact that my tutor was a rather fetching, blonde twenty-something year old girl and that lessons took place in her bedsit was an added incentive to attend classes..

Tags
my ding-a-ling
Back
Top Bottom